- - Services Surface Prep
- Stuart, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Paid Time Off, Holidays, 401(k) Perks and Discounts, EAP, Life Insurance, Supplemental Policies
What we do:
Waterblasting LLC/dba Hog Technologies is in beautiful Stuart, FL where we manufacture the Stripe Hog® Waterblasting System and Smart Vac® Vacuum Systems in Stuart, FL. These specialty vehicles are used to remove rubber from runways and markings from asphalt and concrete roadways. Waterblasting.com is the service operations department utilizing these state-of-the-art 40,000 psi Stripe Hog® Waterblasting Systems across the United States and around the world.
About the job:
The Blaster is responsible for operating high-pressure Waterblasting equipment used for cleaning surfaces in open and enclosed spaces. Operators work on walls, equipment, buildings, pools, processing plants, bridges, and other structural surfaces, using hand-held spray guns. Typically work is performed by a team of HydroBlasters for an extended period of time per shift. It is mandatory for each operator to wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment including Safety Shoes, Glasses, Gloves, Hearing Protection and Hard Hats. Must be available to work out of town and for extended periods as necessary and MUST have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
What you'll do:
• Operate hand-held Hydroblasting gun that is producing 20,000 -40,000 PSI in a prescribed method to clean surface and remove specific compounds.
• The work environment is wet, operators always wear protective gear and strictly follow safety protocols.
• Often visibility is limited; Blaster must be able to produce quality results with spotlighting.
• As a member of the crew, each Blaster must be self-motivated and capable of working independently on an assigned area. There is a strong interdependence among the team members requiring each individual to perform their share of the workload.
• Travel to job sites with a crew to perform physically demanding work, usually multiple-day assignments.
• 75-80% travel anticipated.
• 50% of work is performed on professionally installed scaffolds.
What you'll need:
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
• At least 3 years' experience as a laborer; Waterblasting or pressure washing experience not required.
• Valid driver's license with a clear driving record because the position requires the candidate to drive a company truck
• Ability to work with others.
• Ability to work with little supervision.
• Mechanical aptitude is necessary.
• Ability to appropriately represent Waterblasting.com to customers.
• A Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC™ card) preferred.
• Knowledge of the safety regulations in phosphate mines plus a Phosphate Card a plus. The company will provide Phosphate Safety training and other site-specific training on each assignment.
• Works in a hot, cold, dusty, and noisy area.
What we expect you to be:
• Honest and Trustworthy
• Loyal, reliable, hardworking, and competent
• Committed to meet customers' needs
• Team Player
• Dedicated and hardworking
• Above average competency in the field
• A desire to learn and be trained
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Work Environment: This job operates in a variety of environments based on the location of the job that could lead to hot, cold, dusty, and noisy hot areas.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position with a Monday through Friday schedule. The Blasters typically report to work by 6 AM and travel to the work site in a company vehicle. All work is performed at our customer's locations across Florida; some out of state work is also scheduled each year. Blasters work 8-14 hours per shift. Some work is performed during facility shutdowns or overnight. Night and weekend work may be required to meet customer requirements. Per diem compensation provided for each night away from HQ and hotel accommodations are paid by the company.
Travel: This position has a 75-80% travel requirement
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
Waterblasting Technologies is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected status.