Mechanic - Electrical
- - Production
- Stuart, FL, USA
- 17.00 - 18.00
- Full Time
- Health, Paid Time Off, Holidays, 401(k) Perks and Discounts, EAP, Life Insurance, Supplemental Policies
What we do:
Waterblasting LLC/dba Hog Technologies is in beautiful Stuart, FL we manufacture the Stripe Hog® Waterblasting System and Smart Vac® Vacuum Systems in Stuart, FL. These specialty vehicles are used to remove rubber from runways and markings from asphalt and concrete roadways. Waterblasting.com is the service operations department utilizing these state-of-the-art 40,000 psi Stripe Hog® Waterblasting Systems across the United States and around the world.
The Electrical Mechanic II is responsible for the wiring of relays, work lights, cutting, grinding. Uses power tools. Installs electronic systems and troubleshoots electrical problems. The assembly of the Stripe Hog ® Waterblasting Systems, which pertain to the Chassis, Hydraulics, Electrical, and Plumbing components of the Stipe Hog ® Waterblasting Systems are a critical component to the functionality of our product. Mechanics may be assigned to a specific component during the process of the assembly of the Stripe Hog ® Waterblasting system based on their experience and knowledge.
• Honest and Trustworthy
• Loyal, reliable, hardworking, and competent
• High degree of attention to details
• Organized and Goal Oriented
• Dedicated and hardworking
• Above average competency in the field
• Team Player
• Desire to learn and be trained
Specific responsibilities include:
• Troubleshoot fuses and relays
• Splice wires with knives or cutting pliers, and solder connections to fixtures and equipment.
• Diagnose or repair problems with electronic equipment in motor vehicles.
• Inspect, test, and install electrical or electronic systems to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections and testing instruments such as voltmeters.
• Run new electrical cables.
• Cut openings and drill holes for fixtures and equipment, using electric drills.
• Assemble, install, test, or maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, using hand tools or power tools.
• Other duties as needed to meet Production requirements.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent.
• Vocational/Trade School mechanic training or certification preferred
• At least 5 years electrical experience. Experience working in automotive or commercial electrical experience preferred
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a shop environment where tools and other machinery is used.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. However, this schedule may vary based on the needs of the shop and as assigned by the production supervisor which will change as required based on job duties demand.
This position may require travel from time to time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to pass a background check and drug test
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Waterblasting Technologies is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected status.