Welder Fabricator - 2nd Shift
- - Fabrication
- Stuart, FL, USA
- 17.00 - 18.00
- Full Time
- Health, Paid Time Off, Holidays, 401(k) Perks and Discounts, EAP, Life Insurance, Supplemental Policies
What we do:
Waterblasting LLC/dba Hog Technologies is in beautiful Stuart, FL we manufacture the Stripe Hog® Waterblasting System and Smart Vac® Vacuum Systems in Stuart, FL. These specialty vehicles are used to remove rubber from runways and markings from asphalt and concrete roadways. Waterblasting.com is the service operations department utilizing these state-of-the-art 40,000 psi Stripe Hog® Waterblasting Systems across the United States and around the world.
About the Job:
The Welder is responsible for the use of hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
• Honest and Trustworthy
• Loyal, reliable, hardworking, and competent
• High degree of attention to details
• Organized and Goal Oriented
• Dedicated and hardworking
• Above average competency in the field
• Team Player
• A desire to learn and be trained
What you'll do:
• Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
• Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• Layout, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
• Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
• Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
• Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
• Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
• Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
• Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
• Follow instruction from Production Coordinator to ensure priorities are aligned with the production plans.
• Confer and take direction from Engineering and Design Team Members and provide feedback on results.
• Move parts, components, and finished goods manually or with work aids including hand jacks, hoists or forklift trucks (once certified.)
• Verifies and completes job routing by signing router sheet, submitting orders to be closed and parts to be posted to inventory.
• Assures that tools and equipment are stored and maintained in a safe manner for proper usage, informs the supervisor of any that need modification, repair or replacement in a timely manner.
• Uses a wide range of small hand tools such as hammer, wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, sockets, Allen wrenches, etc.
• Other duties as needed to meet Production requirements.
What you'll need:
• Minimum of a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
• 3-5 years in an advanced Fabricator/Assembler position and prior work experience in sheet metal fabrication and/or training in welding are preferred.
• Must be proficient in sheet metal blueprint reading, basic shop math, and use of precision measuring equipment.
• Frequent and continuous light to moderate lifting, repetitive handling and maneuvering of awkward metal pieces is required. Walking, reaching, bending, and a good eye, hand, foot coordination is all necessary.
• Must be an energetic self-starter and have an intense sense of urgency; and capable of following tasks through to completion.
Supervisory Responsibility - this position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment - this job operates in a shop environment where exposure to heat is frequent.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday and could be subject working any one of two shifts (7:00 am to 4:00 pm or 3:30 pm to 12:00 midnight). Occasional weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel - this position does not have traveling requirements.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications – must pass a background check and drug test.
Waterblasting Technologies is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected status.