- - Research and Development
- Stuart, FL, USA
- Full Time
- Health, Paid Time Off, Holidays, 401(k) Perks and Discounts, EAP, Life Insurance, Supplemental Policies
What we do:
Waterblasting LLC/dba Hog Technologies is in beautiful Stuart, FL we manufacture the Stripe Hog® Waterblasting System and Smart Vac® Vacuum Systems in Stuart, FL. These specialty vehicles are used to remove rubber from runways and markings from asphalt and concrete roadways. Waterblasting.com is the service operations department utilizing these state-of-the-art 40,000 psi Stripe Hog® Waterblasting Systems across the United States and around the world.
The Mechanical Designer is responsible for creating detailed models and drawings that are utilized in the manufacturing of mechanical products, systems, sub-systems, and components. These detailed technical models and drawings incorporate the input of Project Managers, Mechanical Engineers, and Mechanical Designers to verify dimensions, materials, and production methods.
Mechanical CAD Drafters assignments will consist of specific projects and normally includes instructions as to general policies and procedures, but the CAD Drafter is expected to follow technical decisions within the scope of these instructions. Work is reviewed by the Mechanical Engineer, Project Manager and /or Lead Engineer while in progress and upon completion.
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Planning and organizing
• Decision maker
• Exceptional Communication skills
• Proven experience in people management
• Maintain confidentiality at all levels for the president, team members, and the company
Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, sheet metal design, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment (preferably SolidWorks).
• Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
• Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, layout, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
• Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
• Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
• Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
• Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery, using computer-assisted equipment.
• Layout, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
• Administration of SolidWorks vault
• Support and participate in Waterblasting Technologies continual improvement program to conform to ISO requirements by compiling with quality procedures and meeting quality objectives.
• Comply with the procedure to record and manage time per project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of the basic principles, methods, and practices involved in the design of mechanical systems.
• Knowledge of equipment and material required for the efficient operation of the mechanical system.
• Knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of mechanical drafting to ASME Standards.
• Ability to prepare designs and specifications for material and equipment needs of mechanical systems.
• Ability to prepare complex CAD models and drawings from rough sketches, data, and oral instructions.
• Ability to understand and efficiently carry out complex written and oral instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with company personnel.
• Considerable skill in the design and preparation of CAD models, drawings and specifications.
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum of a high school diploma or GED or equivalent military technical training.
• At least one year of engineering related experience in a business supporting heavy manufacturing.
• At least two year of experience with SolidWorks.
• Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
• Must be an energetic self-starter and have a strong sense of urgency; and capable of following tasks through to completion.
• Course work in CAD drafting and experience as a draftsman or technician; or any equivalent combination of training and experience are a plus!
Supervisory Responsibility – this position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment – this job operates in a shop environment where tools and other machinery is used.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. However, this schedule may vary based on the needs of the department and may change as required based on job duties demand.
Travel – this position may require travel from time to time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications – must be able to pass a background check and drug test
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Waterblasting Technologies is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected status.