- - Fabrication
- Stuart, FL, USA
- 10.00 - 12.00
- Full Time
- Health, Paid Time Off, Holidays, 401(k) Perks and Discounts, EAP, Life Insurance, Supplemental Policies
What we do:
Waterblasting LLC/dba Hog Technologies is in beautiful Stuart, FL where we manufacture the Stripe Hog® Waterblasting System and Smart Vac® Vacuum Systems in Stuart, FL. These specialty vehicles are used to remove rubber from runways and markings from asphalt and concrete roadways. Waterblasting.com is the service operations department utilizing these state-of-the-art 40,000 psi Stripe Hog® Waterblasting Systems across the United States and around the world.
About the Job:
The Shop Helper is responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor. May operate hand and power tools of all types. May clean and prepare sites, and clean up debris and other waste materials. May assist other workers in fabrication and installation of parts. Candidate MUST be able to work either of two shifts.
• Honest and trustworthy
• Loyal, reliable, hardworking, and competent
• High degree of attention to details
• Organized and goal oriented
• Dedicated and hardworking
• Above average competency in the field
• Team player
• A desire to learn and be trained
What you'll do:
• Clean production floor to eliminate possible hazards.
• Signal Team Members to facilitate alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
• Receive instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
• Distribute tools and other items for use and return them to the appropriate locations, according to plans.
• Tend equipment that provides power for tools, machinery, or equipment.
• Load and/or unload cargo.
• Sort and place cargo in the appropriate location.
• Carry needed tools or supplies (lubricants, air hoses, nuts/bolts, etc.) from storage and return them after use.
• Move scrap materials (steel, aluminum, pallets, etc.) to appropriate recycling location and/or trash receptacle.
• Operate a company vehicle to pick-up and deliver various parts and supplies.
• Other duties as needed to meet Production requirements.
What you'll need:
• High School diploma, GEO, or equivalent, preferred, but not required.
• At least 6 months as a Laborer in a Manufacturing (or similar) environment.
• Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and carpentry materials/techniques.
• Clear driving record and valid Driver's License
• Perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds throughout the day.
• Must be able to stand and walk for an eight hour shift.
• Must be an energetic self-starter and have a strong sense of urgency; and capable of following tasks through to completion.
• Must be self-disciplined, highly organized, goal-oriented.
• Must possess the ability to multitask with a strong attention to detail.
• Must possess the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organization and proven verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated with abilities to work independently and collaboratively with team members.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Maintain professional demeanor; and know the distinction between professional banter and over familiarization.
• Must be fluent in English, ability to speak other languages a plus.
Supervisory Responsibility - This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment - This job operates in a shop environment where tools and other machinery is used.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work - This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, this schedule may vary based on the needs of the shop and as assigned by the Fabrication and Production Manager which will change as required based on job duties demand.
Travel - This position may require travel from time to time.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications - Must pass a background check and drug screen
Other Duties - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Waterblasting Technologies is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or other protected status.